top of page
student services banner.png

Student support

Support for international students:

International students may face various challenges during their stay in a foreign country. Some of the common issues they might encounter include cultural adjustment, language barriers, financial constraints, homesickness, and academic pressures. As an international student, it's important to ensure:

  • You're looking after your physical wellbeing: eating well, getting enough rest, and physical activity

  • You seek support if study or work-related commitments get overwhelming

  • You prioritise your mental health 

  • You have people to reach out to if you feel alone or isolated

Seeking help


A support system in designed to assist international students if their education provider cannot deliver the course they have paid for. They may help students continue their studies with an alternate provider, provide refunds, or re-credit for education and training fees that were paid but not received

fair work.png

 International Student Workplace Rights in Australia

 International students in Australia have the same workplace rights and protections as any other worker. It's essential to be aware of warning signs indicating potential workplace exploitation. If you believe you are being treated unfairly at work, you can contact the Fair

Study Melbourne.png

This government initiative offers information and support services for international students. You can visit their website for a range of information and resources.

department of education.png

Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Legislation

Legislative framework ensures that courses offered to international students in Australia meet high-quality standards, protecting the rights and interests of these students. It outlines the rights and responsibilities of international students and the penalties for provider breaches.

  • General Enquiries:

    • Online: ESOS Online Enquiry Form

  • Visa Enquiries:

    • Phone: 131 881 (within Australia)

    • Online: Department of Home Affairs

  • PRISMS Help Desk:

  • ARC Hotline:

bottom of page